Tuesday 6 July 2010

Music Monday - Week 3

It's not often that I come across a band whose name alone is sufficient to make me check them out. In the past I've been swayed into parting with my cash thanks to fit bass players (Million Dead), accidentally seen live performances (Gene) and once even because their t-shirt was cool (4ft Fingers) but until I received a email promoting gigs by this weeks choice I had never been intrigued just by a name. And what a name it is! As soon as I saw it I heard a crazy cacophony of sounds in my head, I imagined a circus of noise and fun and down right quirkiness that I could resist. And boy they didn't let me down! Foxy Shazam are everything fun experimental music can be, combining rock, pop, classical, metal and anything else they feel like into energetic works of art that feel like they might fall apart at any second but never fail to raise a smile. If you haven't heard them their myspace is full to bursting with tracks and videos and I cannot recommend them enough. The video is for 'A Dangerous Man' taken from 2008's 'Introducing' find headphones, turn up the volume and discover your new favourite band!

http://www.myspace.com/foxyshazam

No comments:

Post a Comment