Friday 13 August 2010

Wish me luck!

"Depend on the rabbit's foot if you will, but remember it didn't work for the rabbit." - R.E.Shay

It's funny, when you think about it, how often you'll hear people say, "I never have any luck." or "I never win anything." Quite often you'll find it's their excuse for not buying a raffle ticket or not entering into any sort of competition. More often than not I hear it as an excuse not to play the lottery. Now, there are a few reasons why one may choose to not support Camelot's Lotto but, "I'll never win." is a pretty daft one. If you buy one lottery ticket you have a 1 in 14 million chance of winning the jackpot and approximately 1 in 54 chance of winning something. Neither of these are fantastic odds, you'd be better off playing roulette, but both are better than none. I play the lotto once a week for £1 and up until January 2008 I was definitely in profit thanks to numerous 3 and 4 number wins. I've lost track of the count now but at worst I'm only £100 down which is only two 4 number wins away from profit again. Oh and if any more numbers hit then I'm laughing.

Now I'm sure no-one actually cares about my lottery habits or how much I may or may not have won but the reason I mentioned it is this: There are many competitions out there that we don't enter for all the same silly reasons given above. So I decide this week to enter as many free, no purchase necessary type competitions as I could, hey I might even win something. So far my list of potential prizes is:

2 Avenged Sevenfold signature guitars
A pink Gibson guitar signed by Katy Perry
An iPad
A Dyson blade-less fan
A full 3D home cinema set up (TV, Decoder, Blu ray player, surround sound)
An Xbox 360 and game

If I win any of these I'll be happy (less so the pink guitar but hey) and they've cost me precisely £0.00 to enter. If you believe in luck I might have chosen the wrong time to do this as I didn't win the raffle at the football the other night and the five scratchcards I bought won me nothing, but as of now I might win one of six prizes (or maybe more!) thanks to simply taking the time to enter. Who knows my six not-so-lucky-really-but-I'm-waaay-to-scared-to-change-them numbers may come up tomorrow. There will be joyous celebration if I do, not if I don't.
Cheers,
R.
 
[EDIT]  I've just seen today's date! How appropriate to be talking about luck! Happy Jason Voorhees Day!
Jason takes time out to wonder what numbers to play on Thunderball

No comments:

Post a Comment