Monday 16 August 2010

Music Monday - Week 9

When I decided to start Music Monday I wrote four names on a scrap of paper. These were to be the first four bands featured and represent four of the six permanent fixtures on my walkman (mobile phone these days). But then three weeks in I forgot all about my list and started finding new bands to recommend. I made a mistake, I erred, I ballsed up. I'm desperately trying not to segway into the band's name with a terrible pun. The band I shamefully overlooked and bring to you now is Fucked Up.
       Now, I know they've been around for a long time and have been the darlings of MTV and NME in recent times but too few people know about them for my liking. First time I saw them I fell in love with this scary noise monster fronted by a fat, hairy man called Pink Eyes. Their brand of experimental punk combines all that's lovely and frightening about old school punk and all that remains of experimental that didn't disappear up the arse of prog in the seventies.




http://lookingforgold.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment