Monday 21 June 2010

You know your job? I could do it better!!

I've been telling people I'd do this for a while, ever since I multi-tasked watching Pirates of the Caribbean while playing Red Dead Redemption, and finally got around to it. The following is an electronic communication I sent to Rockstar games via the mouthoff link on their website:

I'm writing for 2 reasons. Firstly to say thank you for making, and congratulations on the success of, the GTA series and Red Dead Redemption. Everytime a new game is released it devours my freetime like Cookie Monster does cookies.
Secondly, I had an idea not so long ago that I hope other people suggest too and you consider making into a game. In a nutshell the game would be similar to GTA or RDR in mechanic but would be set both on land and at sea in the heyday of pirates (the swashbuckling kind not internet thieves). I see a game mixing ship battles, treasure hunting, fighting off the good guys and generally making mischief while also providing a mix of watery shenanigans and the hunting gathering stuff from RDR. So that's my idea, GTA Black Beard! (I wouldn't use that title!)
Thanks again for the awesome games and hours of fun, and for reading this.
cheers,
R.

If I get a reply I will post it here too but I'm pretty sure they pay talented people to come up with ideas rather than listen to self important, deluded crazies like me. And while I'm doing other people's jobs...Oi! Capello play 4-4-1-1 Gerrard behind Rooney, if that doesn't work play Crouch with Defoe and hope for the best!
cheers,
R.

No comments:

Post a Comment