Monday 13 September 2010

Writer's Block

In my head there is two novels and a complete fantasy history for the first 100 years of a human colony on Mars. There's also the apology I owe my ex and the words I need to say to the girl who broke my heart. There's also an article extolling the virtues of the side one, track one - first song on an album. It's all there in thought and in feelings but won't come out. The big problem is that words come out one at a time. This is a problem made worse when typing and forcing words to come out a letter at a time. In my head they all want to burst into life all at once and finding a way to make those words come out in any coherent sense feels like a bigger challenge than climbing Everest.

One may climb a mountain one step at a time but it doesn't matter what order those steps go in. My writing won't get far without finding the right order and as such I've become somewhat backed up. If only there was an Ex-Lax for thoughts.
Cheers,
R.

No comments:

Post a Comment